Working Visa in Nepal
WORKING VISA in Nepal
- Department of Immigration [Non Tourist Visa Section]- provides non tourist visa based on
- on the recommendation from line agency [concerned Ministry of NG]
- Work Permit from the Department of Labour
- Work Agreement [excluding few exceptions] from the Ministry of Home Affairs
Tourist Visa- Foreign nationals undertaking paperwork and legal formalities for Work Visa with concerned institutions (Ministry/Department) of Nepal Government can stay in Nepal under 'Tourist Visas'.
Non-Tourist Visa- once all necessary paperwork is completed and applied for 'Working Visa' at DOI.
Tourist visa gets automatically cancelled when visa category is changed from tourists to non-tourists.
- Recommendation letter from the concerned Government line agency
- Work Permit from Department of Labor
- Work Agreement from Ministry of Home Affairs
- Appointment/contract letter
- Tax clearance of hiring organisation/ institution/agency
- Tax clearance of applicant (for renewal) if taxes has been paid individually
- General Agreement with Social Welfare Council (NGOs/INGOs)
- Passport and Visa Photocopy
- Online form (Working)
Visa fee: 75 USD per month
Single Re-entry facility: Additional 20 USD
Multiple Re-entry facility: Additional 60 USD
WORK PERMIT IN TWO GROUNDS:
- Through General Procedure – Work Permit is provided on the ground of unavailability of skilled human resources in Nepal. [Section 22 of Labour Act ]
- Based on Recording: Work Permit is provided to employees of entities with foreign investment or operated in foreign aid [Rule 13 of Labor Rules]; and foreign nationals engaged in technical casual work [Section 24 of Labor Act].
- Labor Act 2074
- Labor Rules 2075
- Foreign Citizen Labor Permission Directive 2075
Disclaimer: This writing is prepared to share general information only and for legal purposes, advice of legal professionals is must.
- ADVOCATE AJAYA SHRESTHA
- ADVOCATE PRABIN SHRESTHA
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION:
Worldwide Legal Service
Mail to: [email protected]